Thursday, August 14, 2014

Zucchini Blossoms





Fried zucchini blossoms are a favorite in my family. My mom used to grow zucchini plants just for the blossoms. (Also, if you pick all the the blossoms and baby zucchini off of your zucchini plants every day, that is a great way to have a zucchini the size of a small toddler appear overnight. Giant zucchini are gross. They starchy and flavorless and pretty unsalvageable.)

I have no idea where to suggest you buy zucchini blossoms. Apparently they sometimes show up at farmers' markets.

But zucchini blossoms are easy. Cover in egg and flour and sauté in butter. There is a theme to my cooking; sauté in butter with parmesan cheese for easy delicious food.

  

I ate this with toast for breakfast, and I had a hummingbird as a companion. If you have the possibility of having a hummingbird breakfast companion, I recommend it. I have learned this week that they chirp at each other, and perch on things. I had always assumed they were like sharks and were always moving. (I know this doesn't make sense. But it is what it is.)


Fried Zucchini Blossoms

Zucchini Blossoms
Baby zucchini
1 egg
handful of flour
grated parmesan cheese
pat of butter

Scramble the egg in one bowl and put the flour in another. Add parmesan cheese and salt to both.

Coat each thing in egg and flour. Sauté. If doing baby zucchini a well as blossoms, do the zucchini first, as it needs to cook the longest.

No comments:

Post a Comment